Unlock the leadership potential of Asian STEM professionals
SASE Pro is a strategic focus for the Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE).
We seek to increase the business impact of Asian STEM professionals by helping them to develop the leadership skills and cultural agility needed to unlock their full leadership potential in the Western workplace.
Asians represent 14% of the total STEM workforce.
Asians are 50% less likely to be promoted to middle management than their Caucasian counterparts
Asians are 2.8X under-represented at executive levels
“Most companies invest in leadership training. However, few have the expertise or scale to provide training for Asian American professionals to achieve the required cultural adaptability. We envision SASE becoming a scaled hub of expertise and programs to help companies and individuals unlock the leadership potential of the Asian American STEM workforce.”
Senior Executive Advisor for SASE Pro
Retired R&D VP at Procter & Gamble
What We Do
- SASE Pro brings together 200+ ERG leaders from 100+ organizations to collaborate and create programs that address the Asian Leadership Gap while providing support for our network of Asian ERGs.
- Major programming includes an in-person & virtual Professional National Conference in the fall along with our Women’s Leadership Conference in the Spring. SASE Pro also provides a steady stream of year-round programming for Asian professionals through monthly webinars and small group intensive workshops.
Our Core Beliefs
Asians have untapped potential for leadership positions in Corporate America.
Asian cultural values are an asset to US companies; the challenges for Asians in leadership are rooted in cultural behaviors & perceptions of those behaviors.
To rise in companies, Asians can and must stay true to their core values but must also develop skills and behavioral agility to lead in a Western context.
Asians can unlock their full leadership potential through experiential skill-building, increased self-awareness, and a diverse support network.
As more Asians achieve leadership positions, US leadership culture & perceptions will broaden to the benefit of companies & all individuals.
SASE Pro’s ERG Network includes 175+ leaders representing 70+ Asian ERGs.
The SASE Pro ERG Network functions to:
- Provide active input into the design and execution of SASE Pro programs
- Share ERG best practices and enable reapplication versus reinvention
- Foster a community of peers to mentor and support one other
- Celebrate the successes of our community of Asian-heritage STEM professionals
In addition to a monthly network call, SASE Pro hosts regular half-day ERG Summits to provide training for ERG Leaders along with sessions on selected topics of interest chosen by the network. Support is also provided for ERG Network members for their internal leadership development programming via SASE Pro Speakers Bureau.
Key ERG Partners
Join the forum consisting of Asian-heritage Executives and Asian ERG Executive Sponsors to support the mission of SASE's professional programming for your companies, your employees, yourself, and the Asian professional community at large.
As a member of the Executive Forum, you will collaborate with us to:
• Guide SASE Pro’s offerings to serve your company based on your knowledge of the strategic skill needs of your company and the current skill challenges of Asian-heritage employees in your organization.
• Provide a breadth of role models for the SASE Pro community (including those from your own company) via participation in workshops, exec panels, and other events at the SASE National Convention and during other year-round opportunities.
• Accelerate your personal development through participation in executive networking and executive development programming during the SASE National Convention.
Current Executive Forum Members
Join SASE Pro!
Subscribe to the quarterly SASE Pro Express delivered to your inbox.