Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I donate?
1. Donate through the SASE PayPal Giving Fund. The PayPal Giving Fund does not collect credit card processing fees. 100% of your donation goes to SASE.
2. Visit our Facebook Page and click Donate Now to donate via Facebook. Facebook does not collect credit card processing fees. 100% of your donation goes to SASE.
3. Rather donate by mail? You may send a check to the address below. We do not accept money orders.
Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers
PO Box 11179
Denver, CO 80211-0179
How do I donate at the SASE National Conference and STEM Career Fair?
On the Thursday and Friday of conference, you may find us at our booth near the main ballroom. We accept cash, check, and credit card donations. You may also contribute to SASE on your online conference registration form.
How does SASE receive its funding?
SASE receives the vast majority of its financial support from corporate sponsors and companies, followed by private donors. SASE as an organization is built on the strength of its passionate volunteers and members.
Does SASE provide an annual financial report?
We do not currently provide a public annual financial report.
What will my donation support?
Your donation will directly support the development of SASE collegiate, professional, and high school chapters nationwide that are devoted to the advancement of Asian heritage scientists and engineers in education and employment.
May I donate to a specific program, project, or event?
Unfortunately, we are not currently accepting donations to a specific program. If you are a potential sponsor looking to support our National Conference, please visit our conference website.
Is my contribution tax-deductible?
SASE is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization; therefore, your contributions to SASE are tax deductible. You may also find us on GuideStar here.
Is it safe and secure for me to donate online to SASE?
Yes. PayPal uses Secure Sockets Layer technology to encrypt all data submitted to and from our donations web page. SSL renders donors’ personal information, including credit card information, unreadable to any outsiders. SSL is supported by all major web browsers, including Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Additionally, your personal information will be stored on PayPal’s servers, which are heavily guarded, both physically and electronically. To further shield your credit card numbers, PayPal does not directly connect its firewall-protected servers to the internet. SASE does not collect or store donor credit card information.
Who do I contact if I have a question or problem making an online donation?
Can I make a recurring online donation?
Yes! This is an option when you process your PayPal donation.
My company matches my gifts to 501(c)(3) organizations. Is SASE eligible to receive this type of match?
Yes! Your impact on SASE can be doubled or tripled. Please contact the charitable giving, community service, or human resources department within your company to enquire further. We provide receipts for all received donations.
How else may I support SASE?
There are many ways to get involved!
- Designate SASE as your charity on AmazonSmile; a portion of every purchase goes to a grant devoted to our collegiate chapters.
- Participate in our Online Auction as a donor or as a bidder.
- Sign-up to be a volunteer and take your support to the next level.
- Attend our events and invite your friends, colleagues, and managers to come along.